How to Deliver a Good Oral Presentation
Presentation is a work of putting forth your ideas, your views about some particular topic and trying your level best to convince the listeners with your ideology. A presentation carries the whole personality of the speaker rather than his words. His general bearing, facial expression, posture, gestures all are involved in the process. A neatly dressed man with a pleasant expression will find it easier to establish a rapport with others. Once you are able to secure the attention of the audience, more than half the battle is won.
For a good oral presentation one needs to work on various areas for improvement. These include
1. Posture: When on the stage do not fidget, but try to feel relaxed. While speaking use your hands for appropriate gestures but there should be no fluff. When you are called upon to address, walk sprightly and stand at ease.
2. Eye contact: It is one of the most immediate and effective means of establishing rapport with an audience. While speaking try looking from one person to another around the room. Lack of eye-contact to individuals gives listeners a feeling of ignorance.
3. Voice modulation: A good voice is certainly a gift of nature. But the quality can be improved with proper training. Variation in the pitch and tempo of the voice is essential. Fast delivery of speech shows a lack of confidence.
4. Audience awareness: Size up your listeners before starting a speech--their sex, age, background and interest. If you notice a listener smiling or whispering, do not feel disturbed, continue with tour speech.
5. Visual aids: For an effective communication to take place you should use some visual aids which make the listeners stimulated and take more interest in what is being presented. These may include projectors, blackboards etc.
After becoming an effective speaker, you will enhance your prestige. And, thus, occupying more important positions in whatever task you do.
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 21:06:13 +0000
Did your message disappear? Read the Forums FAQ.
Spam Control | * indicates required field
TrackBack only accepted from WebSite-X Suite web sites. Do not submit TrackBacks from other sites.
No TrackBacks yet. TrackBack can be used to link this thread to your weblog, or link your weblog to this thread. In addition, TrackBack can be used as a form of remote commenting. Rather than posting the comment directly on this thread, you can posts it on your own weblog. Then have your weblog sends a TrackBack ping to the TrackBack URL, so that your post would show up here.
Messages, files, and images copyright by respective owners.